Tuesday 19 March 2013

SSH access on my Western Digital mybooklive

I didn't realise that the little black box holds so much wonders! I had assumed that SSH access would have been locked down or not installed at all. Now I am deeply curious about the OS and the other things that might be insde my 2 TB WD mybooklive :)

I hope rsync is one of them!

essentially if you haven't changed the hostname of ur mybooklive
you only need to login to the UI
then enter this link to enable SSH access to the drive

http://mybooklive/UI/ssh

Found this out when I was googling for a faster way to move files within the little NAS (silly enough, it seems to route the data back to the PC then back to the new folder location within the same shared drive )


other neat things I discovered not of so much bioinfomatics relevance was that the twonky server has a HTTP frontend that can be accessed via a browser on your mobile devices! :)


Source: http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/What-are-the-steps-to-enable-SSH/td-p/324417


No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanami, Woe be me