Tuesday 11 December 2012

Nature editors-"a cross between rock star goddess and Darth Vade" The Nature of the Knight Bus | Story Collider Magazine

http://magazine.storycollider.org/2012/features/the-nature-of-the-knight-bus/view-all

" I may look like a standard soccer mom now, kids, but back in the day people regarded me as a cross between a rock-star goddess and Darth Vader. That's right, I was indeed an editor for Nature for nearly seven years, handling papers in genetics and genomics. There is a generally accepted hierarchy in science journals, and Nature is always at or near the top. The team of biology editors at Nature can only publish between about 8 and 10 percent of the submissions they receive, so most of your job as a manuscript editor is not publication of work but instead dealing out rejection. "



my hat's off to Michael Eisen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanami, Woe be me