Thursday 12 July 2012

SQLite Python tutorial

The adage 'use it or lose it' is so true for programming. I often decide to fall back to a language that I used before and find that I have completely forgotten how to code in it (python/sqlite) 

my code drawer also doesn't have the appropriate script hence I have to fall back to google and try to understand the syntax again. 

got stuck in a couple of deadends until I stumbled on this gem which has extensive code examples and methods 

Have fun if you are new to this. 


Prerequisites

To work with this tutorial, we must have Python language, SQLite database, pysqlite language binding and the sqlite3 command line tool installed on the system. If we have Python 2.5+ then we only need to install the sqlite3 command line tool. Both the SQLite library and the pysqlite language binding are built into the Python languge.
http://zetcode.com/db/sqlitepythontutorial/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanami, Woe be me